US Treasury's Brainard says US supports Japan's efforts to reinvigorate growth and end deflation
- G20 needs to deliver on commitment to move to market-based exchange rates and refrain from competitive devaluations.
- G7 "very committed" to market-determined and floating exchange rates except in rare circumstances.
- Downside economic risks have eased but global growth weak and still vulnerable.
Reaction details (20:22)
- In immediate reaction to the comment that US support Japan's efforts, the USD/JPY moved 22 pips higher from 93.46 to session highs at 93.68.
11 Feb 2013 - 20:15- ForexBank Speaker- Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts