The RBNZ has increased the capital requirements for Westpac's (WBC AT) NZ division as the firm did not comply with regulations
- Westpac confirmed that the decision was based on compliance with Aspects of the RBNZ's advanced internal ratings and only affected the bank's New Zealand business.
- The bank's regulatory ratios are sufficient to absorb the change.
- The RBNZ has confirmed that Westpac New Zealand's capital has remained well above required regulatory levels.
15 Nov 2017 - 01:02- - Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts