Scotiabank FX Daily: USD Trades Defensively Ahead of FOMC Decision
· USD broadly lower ahead of FOMC. Taper decision expected, focus on dots.
· CAD little changed in quiet trade as good USD supply emerges above 1.23.
· EUR grinding higher, technicals are bullish.
· GBP rallies on strong retail sales data but gains reverse quickly.
· JPY firmer, BoJ policy decision early Thursday expected unch.
· AUD firmer on RBA comments. NZ up on poll, firm GDP expected tonight.
· MXN strengthens in range after dipping on strong earthquake.
20 Sep 2017 - 12:48- Fixed IncomeEconomic Commentary- Source: Scotiabank
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts