Scotiabank - FX Daily - USD Mixed Into Draghi, Powell, Brainard Appearances
· USD consolidates following FOMC minutes; NZD outperforming; GBP weak.
· CAD fades modest rally to fresh October high; 2Y spread is steady; neutral.
· EUR quiet, testing fresh October high; spreads favor USD; Draghi risk 10:30am.
· GBP pressured by Brexit comments from EU’s Barnier; technicals bearish.
· JPY outperforming most G10 currencies; 10Y spread dominant; neutral-bullish.
· AUD & NZD outperform in response to cautious Fed minutes, NZ politics.
· MXN quiet, consolidating recent decline; NAFTA risk remains elevated.
12 Oct 2017 - 13:02- ForexEconomic Commentary- Source: Scotiabank
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts