Scotiabank FX Daily - USD Extends Weakness, Retraces Half Of Rally From Sept.
· USD under pressure following most recent FOMC minutes w/ risk for 2018 path.
· CAD extending recent rally into retail sales at 8:30am ET; neutral-bullish.
· EUR threatening November 15 high, supported by fresh highs in PMI’s.
· GBP consolidating recent rally; GDP as expected & near-term risk limited.
· JPY quiet at fresh two month high; spreads adding to recent support from tone.
· AUD extending gains following Tuesday’s bullish reversal; technicals shifting.
· MXN consolidating recent rally; near-term risk in Banxico minutes 10am ET.
23 Nov 2017 - 12:53- Economic Commentary- Source: scotiabank
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts