Scotiabank FX Daily - USD Broadly Weaker But Quiet Trade Likely Today
· USD is performing poorly in Nov, may be setting up for more losses into Dec.
· CAD firmer on rising crude oil prices even if wide spreads remain a restraint.
· EUR well-supported on positive IFO data, technicals. Bullish.
· GBP ignores weak consumer confidence, nears key tech test at 1.3335/45.
· JPY steadies around 111; intraday resistance at 111.70 for USDJPY.
· AUD flat on the day, steadies after test of low 75 cent area.
· MXN up strongly on the week on CPI, oil.
24 Nov 2017 - 13:06- ForexEconomic Commentary- Source: Scotiabank
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts