Scotiabank FX Daily - USD Broadly Higher As China Returns From Holiday
- USD extending gains as markets eye shutdown, trade, and Brexit risks.
- CAD quietly consolidating with limited domestic risk; all eyes on market tone.
- EUR testing 1.13 & threatening extension to fresh 2019 lows; neutral/bearish.
- GBP weak & extending through 1.29 on disappointing GDP & weak I.P.; bearish.
- JPY weakens to fresh 2019 low despite broader concerns; local markets closed.
- AUD soft & fading back toward 0.70; 12mo. OIS pricing ~10bpts of RBA cut.
- MXN range bound consolidating within month-long triangle; neutral/bearish.
11 Feb 2019 - 12:44- Economic Commentary- Source: scotiabank
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts