Scotiabank FX Daily - FX, Broader Tone Slightly Disconnected Into U.S. Holiday
· USD mixed with JPY, CHF, gold outperforming as NOK, MXN, AUD soften.
· CAD rises modestly, building on Tuesday’s reversal; focus on ToT not oil.
· EUR quiet in narrow ranges; focus on ECB headline risk ahead of minutes.
· GBP extending run of modest gains; Autumn Statement the near-term risk.
· JPY rising back toward Monday’s one month high, ignoring spreads.
· AUD softens into NA open, fading Tuesday’s Lowe-driven gain.
· MXN quiet, consolidating Tuesday’s impressive 1.2% rally.
22 Nov 2017 - 13:11- ForexEconomic Commentary- Source: scotiabank
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts