Scotiabank - FX Daily - CAD/MXN Gains Underscore Market's NAFTA Concerns
· USD quiet into crucial CPI; NZD & AUD outperforming; JPY tests October high.
· CAD consolidation continues; 2Y spread remains steady; near-term neutral.
· EUR quiet, softening modestly in response to latest ECB APP rumors.
· GBP extending this week’s gains with ongoing focus on Brexit tone; bullish.
· JPY tests fresh October high; election/popularity polls in focus into October 22.
· AUD & NZD outperforming in response to stronger than expected China trade.
· MXN under pressure; down 2.2% on week; CADMXN provides clarity on risks.
13 Oct 2017 - 13:06- ForexEconomic Commentary- Source: Scotiabank
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts