RBA minutes from October 3rd meeting state rate hikes abroad do not have any mechanical implications for Australian rates and any shift in rates depends on domestic economy
- Judged steady policy consistent with growth and inflation goals.
- Further strength in AUD would result to slower growth and inflation.
- Recent strength in jobs growth to underpin house hold income and consumption.
Link to full minutes release: https://www.rba.gov.au/monetary-policy/rba-board-minutes/2017/2017-10-03.html
Reaction details (01:39)
- AUD/USD immediately moved higher by 4 pips to 0.7849 from 0.7845, but then instantly pared this to trade below pre-announcement levels, trades 0.7837 (-16 pips) last.
17 Oct 2017 - 01:30- ForexImportant- Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts