PREVIEW: Fonterra GDT milk auction, futures imply a 2% fall to flat print for whole milk powder prices
Today brings the latest dairy auction. The most recent auction saw the GDT price index rise 0.3% to USD 3,323, while whole milk powder prices fell 1.6% to USD 3,100.
Futures price somewhere between a 2% fall to flat reading in WMP at the upcoming auction.
Looking forwards CBA posit that if the “poor current weather continues, prices are likely to rise over the coming months. Combined with the global butter shortage, dairy prices could end 2017 on a high.”
Although there is no set time for release, the last auction results were at 15:27BST/10:27ET.
19 Sep 2017 - 10:09- Research Sheet- Source: RANsquawk
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts