PREVIEW: Alabama Senate Vote
-A special election is taking place in Alabama to fill in the Senate seat previously held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions which may affect the Republican party’s majority in the chamber, currently 52-48.
-The Democrat candidate is Doug Jones whose campaign aimed to turn out African-Americans’ votes and to prove Republicans he is worth of support.
-Doug contends the senate seat with the Republican entrant Roy Moore whose history is surrounded by controversy. The Republican’s fate stands in the hands of voters in the more affluent city of Mobile and in rural white-dominated areas around the state.
-Polls close at 8 p.m. Eastern.
-Bloomberg reports Jones victory could complicate passage of many of the president’s agenda priorities, including tax reform.
12 Dec 2017 - 18:06- Bank Speaker- Source: RANsquawk
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts