PRE-MARKET AUSTRALIAN STOCK NEWS: BHP (BHP AT) Q1 iron ore output 55.6mln tons vs. Exp. 58.6mln tons, Prev. 57.6mln tons Y/Y
ANZ Bank (ANZ AT)
- Metlife (MET) is reportedly the favourite to purchase Co.’s life insurance unit. (Newswires)
- Co. named former New Zealand PM John Key as its Chairman of New Zealand division effective January. (The Australian)
Aurizon Holdings (AZJ AT)
- Co. Q1 total above rail volumes rose to 69.1mln tons vs. Prev. 66.1mln tons Y/Y. (Newswires)
BHP (BHP AT)
- Co. Q1 iron ore output 55.6mln tons vs. Exp. 58.6mln tons, Prev. 57.6mln tons Y/Y. (Newswires)
- Q1 copper output rose 14% Y/Y to 404K tons.
- Q1 petroleum output fell 8% Y/Y to 50mln BOE.
Brambles (BXB AT)
- Co. Q1 revenue rose 6% Y/Y to USD 1.37bln. (Newswires)
- Co. is reported to be facing class action lawsuit led by Maurice Blackburn on allegations it misled investors when it reaffirmed earnings guidance in October last year.
Lend Lease (LLC AT)
- Co. is to sell 25% of retirement living business to APG, in which it sees about AUD 35mln net loss on the transaction. (Newswires)
Origin Energy (ORG AT)
- Ausgrid and KKR are reportedly the main bidders for Co.’s metering business. (The Australian)
Rio Tinto (RIO AT)
- Co. former chief Tom Albanese and ex-CFO Guy Elliott were reportedly being charged over a failed coal investment in Mozambique. (The Australian)
- Co. said a recently announced SEC case is not warranted and believes it will be rejected. (Newswires)
Suncorp (SUN AT)
- AIG (AIG) is said to be considering a bid for Suncorp’s life insurance unit. (Newswires)
- Incoming ASIC head James Shipton flagged cultural problems at financial institutions as a priority. (The Australian)
Basic Materials / Energy
- Ageing coal-fired power stations may receive a lifeline under the government’s new national energy guarantee. (The Australian)
- Spot gold fell 0.7%.
- WTI crude fell 0.3%.
- Iron ore fell 0.3%.
- Copper fell 1.5%.
17 Oct 2017 - 23:22- Research Sheet- Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts