PRE-MARKET AUSTRALIAN STOCK NEWS: A consortium including buyout firm Apollo is reportedly bidding for Rio Tinto's coal assets
Chorus (CNU AT)
- Co. quarterly total fixed line connections declined to 1.58mln vs. Prev. 1.60mln Q/Q. (Newswires)
Rio Tinto (RIO AT)
- A consortium including buyout firm Apollo is reportedly bidding for Co.’s coal assets. (AFR)
Westpac (WBC AT)
- Westpac is alleged to have sold its own customers overpriced life insurance products, according to a class action legal case. (The Australian)
- Australian Health Minister Hunt is to release reform plans for the health insurance sector which could save over AUD 1.5bln for the private insurance business over next 4 years. (The Australian)
Basic Materials / Energy
- Gold traded relatively flat around USD 1290/oz.
- WTI crude fell 2.0% to USD 50.30/bbl, but then pared some losses post-settlement.
- Iron Ore rose 1.5%.
12 Oct 2017 - 23:08- MetalsResearch Sheet- Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts