FOMC minutes show that some policymakers were prepared to announce a starting date for winding down the balance sheet at the July meeting
- Some voting policymakers said further interest rate hikes should wait until there were signs inflation would rise to Fed's 2.0% target
- Voting policymakers were concerned about slowdown in inflation and agreed to monitor prices closely
- Policymakers disagreed on whether inflation expectations were well-anchored
- A couple of policymakers said high stock prices might not pose big risks to financial stability
- Full release available here
Reaction details (19:13)
- The initial reaction saw some further USD weakness as markets focused on the Fed's caution over inflation. Over the next 10 minutes USD/JPY moved to session lows from 110.50 to 110.20.
- Treasuries pushed marginally higher with Sep'17 10y T-notes moving from 126.13 to 126.16 in immediate reaction.
- Spot gold also pushed higher amid the weaker USD, rising to session highs of 1281.70.
16 Aug 2017 - 19:00- Fixed IncomeImportant- Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts