ECB's Draghi says exchange rate represents a source of uncertainty; ECB needs to be patient and persistent
- Still requires a very ample degree of monetary policy accommodation.
- The recovery has accelerated and broadened.
- ECB is becoming more confident that inflation will eventually head to levels in line with inflation aim.
Reaction details (14:07)
- No immediate reaction was observed in European asset classes.
Analysis details (14:05)
- These comments are broadly in line with comments from Draghi during the last ECB conference where he stated that the recovery is accelerating but cautioned on the need to remove stimulus too rapidly.
25 Sep 2017 - 14:01- Fixed IncomeBank Speaker- Source: ECB
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts