DAILY FX WRAP: Quiet start amid light economic schedule, while JPY firms and eyes YTD low
Very quiet session in the currency with little newsflows to dictate price action. Much of the focus is on the Jackson Hole Symposium with positioning ahead of the event set to take place.
USD saw relatively directionless trade as the greenback pared initial gains to slip 0.3%. Subsequently, this supported its major counterparts with EUR edging back towards 1.18 to the upside while GBP broke above 1.29.
JPY firmer across the board with equity markets slightly offered to begin the trading week. USD/JPY dipping towards the mid-108s, and as such is eying the YTD low at 108.11.
21 Aug 2017 - 15:35- Research Sheet- Source: RANsquawk
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts