Credit Suisse & UBS on today's SNB decision
Credit Suisse: They’ll be very happy if this situation persists of a somewhat weaker franc. That will simply mean that they don’t have to intervene any more, but actively they will not do anything in our view. They will certainly not move interest rates in our view ahead of the ECB.
UBS: For us, it’s not yet a sign that a monetary policy switch lies in store, since they said the foreign currency market situation remains fragile. They’d want to see the weaker franc become sustainable before they adjust monetary policy.
14 Sep 2017 - 11:43- Fixed IncomeEconomic Commentary- Source: Credit Suisse/UBS
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts