BofAML Flow Show: Humpty-Dumpty starts to wobble
• Risk-off flows: $1.3bn outflow from equities, $3.5bn into bonds, $0.5bn into gold
• Bull & Bear indicator drops from v bullish 7.7 to 7.2
• Humpty-Dumpty watch: confidence, spreads, DXY, tech leadership
Risk-off flows: $1.3bn weekly outflow from equities, $3.5bn into bonds, $0.5bn into gold.
HY & EM outflows cause Bull & Bear indicator to drop: biggest HY bond fund outflows in almost six months as spreads jump; first EM equity and debt outflows in almost six months coincide with bounce in oversold USD.
Humpty-Dumpty: more imminent Aug/Sept risk-off trade plausible if poor politics shows up in consumer confidence, US dollar rises despite lower UST yields and further drop in US presidential approval ratings; US high yield credit spreads gap toward 500bps; tech leadership reversal.
18 Aug 2017 - 11:06- EquitiesEconomic Commentary- Source: BofAML
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts