BofA Merrill Lynch on USDJPY: JPY's fundamental weakness likely to continue into 1H18
- JPY's fundamental weakness likely to continue into 1H18 but be manifested in USD/JPY rather than cross-yen due to 3 factors.
- (1) BoP, (2) Portfolio flow dynamics, (3) US real yield increase. We expect USD/JPY to peak out above 120.
- We expect BoJ to implement policy normalization in 3Q18, leading to a lower USD/JPY in 2H18.
07 Dec 2017 - 11:48- ForexEconomic Commentary- Source: BofA Merrill Lynch
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts