According to the Financial Times Wal-Mart (WMT) are being probed in India over investment
Analysis details (12:54)
Walmart is being investigated in India over accusations that it secretly invested in supermarkets and thereby flouted a ban on foreign direct investment in the sector.
The commerce ministry last week asked the Reserve Bank of India to probe allegations that the US retailer “clandestinely and illegally invested” $100m in an Indian chain of 220 convenience stores and hypermarkets as early as 2010, according to documents obtained by the Financial Times.
Full Story: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4f309cf6-18f5-11e2-af88-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz29ePWiFOZ
18 Oct 2012 - 12:48- Equities- Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts