28 Mar 2017, 06:54
- Asian bourses saw a pick-up in sentiment overnight despite the subdued Wall Street lead with the ASX outperforming
- FX markets were relatively quiet with the USD-index flat amid a lack of tier-1 data or drivers to spur price action
- Looking ahead, highlights include potential comments from Fed’s Yellen, George, Kaplan & Powell and ECB’s Coeure
27 Mar 2017, 06:56
- Asian equities traded mostly lower with the Nikkei 225 hampered by a firmer JPY while Chinese bourses were dealt some reprieve from Industrial Profit data
- USD softened overnight as investors reacted to the US President’s lack of ability to pass the health care bill tspanough congress
- Looking ahead, highlights include potential comments from ECB’s Lautenschlaeger, Praet, Fed’s Evans and...
24 Mar 2017, 06:54
- Trump’s AHCA negotiations remained in focus overnight, with some concerns eased after Trump stated he will focus on tax reforms if the House of representatives fail to pass the bill
- USD saw upside in the wake of Trump’s tax reform comments, with comments from Kaplan also supportive
- Today’s highlights include Eurozone and US manufacturing and services PMIs, US Durable Goods Orders and comments from Fed's Evans,...
22 Mar 2017, 07:00
- Asian equities traded higher in line with their US counterparts, with newsflow overnight relatively light
- USD has held on to yesterday’s rebound, while NZD sspanugged off the latest RBNZ rate decision which shed little new information.
- Highlights include UK Retail Sales, US weekly jobless data and a host of speakers including BoE’s Broadbent, ECB’s Lautenschlager and Fed’s Yellen, Kashkari and...
21 Mar 2017, 06:53
- Asian equities trades relatively mixed following a rather subdued lead from Wall St. in which financials underperformed
- An encouraging performance from Macron in the first presidential election TV debate saw EUR/USD outperform
- Looking ahead, highlights include: UK CPI, Canadian Retail Sales, API report and...
20 Mar 2017, 06:54
- Quiet start to the week as Asian equities traded mixed amid a lack of key drivers while Japanese trade was closed for the Spring Equinox holiday.
- FX markets saw the USD-index continue to pull back with the greenback now hovering around the 100 level.
- Highlights include, Chicago Fed National Activity Index, Bundesbank Report and comments from Fed’s...
17 Mar 2017, 06:53
- Asian equity markets saw little in the way of firm direction as markets took a breather after recent key risk events
- GBP/USD remained above 1.2300 while EUR/USD extended on recent highs amid rate-hike rhetoric from ECB’s Nowotny
- Looking ahead, highlights include University of Michigan Sentiment
16 Mar 2017, 06:58
- As expected, the FOMC lifted rates by 25bps. However, the Fed dot plot projections showed forecasts for 2017 and 2018 were unchanged from December.
- After having counted 93.5% of votes in the Netherlands election, PM Rutte's VVD party is to win 33 seats, PVV at 20 seats, while CDA and D66 parties are to win 19 seats each
- Looking ahead,...
15 Mar 2017, 08:40
- Asian equities traded mostly lower as markets remain cautious ahead of today’s FOMC policy announcement
- A similar story has been seen in FX markets with USD relatively rangebound while GBP has found a bid heading into the European open
- Looking ahead, highlights include FOMC rate decision, US CPI and Retail Sales, UK employment data and comments from ECB's...
14 Mar 2017, 13:34
14 Mar 2017, 06:57
- Asia equity markets traded mixed following a similar indecisive lead from Wall St. as a non-committal tone persisted ahead of key risk events.
- UK House of Lords passed the Brexit bill without the EU citizen rights or final vote amendments
- Looking ahead, highlights include German ZEW, US PPI and API Inventories
13 Mar 2017, 07:04
- Asian equities traded mostly positive despite softness in energy markets with Chinese bourses outperforming
- The USD-index remained lacklustre with participants tentative ahead of the FOMC meeting
- Looking ahead, highlights include potential comments from ECB’s Lautenschlaeger, Draghi, Constancio and Praet
10 Mar 2017, 07:09
- Asian equities traded mixed overnight, failing to find direction amid light newsflow
- The USD-index was rangebound just below the 102.00 level as participants await the key risk US jobs data
- Highlights include US nonfarm payrolls, UK industrial and manufacturing production and German trade balance
09 Mar 2017, 11:23
09 Mar 2017, 06:56
- Asian equities traded mostly lower amid downside in commodities and downbeat Chinese inflation data
- In FX markets, the USD remained firm against its major counterparts in the wake of yesterday’s ADP release and potential ramifications for the Fed
- Looking ahead, highlights include ECB rate decision & press conference and US weekly jobs data...
08 Mar 2017, 06:59
- Asian equities traded mixed with notable data releases including downbeat Japanese GDP and Chinese trade figures
- FX markets saw range-bound trade which initially provided the greenback’s major counterparts some mild respite from the recent losses against the USD
- Looking ahead, highlights include US ADP Employment Change, DoEs and the UK...
07 Mar 2017, 06:58
- Asian equities saw a mixed session with the Nikkei 225 tracking fluctuations in USD/JPY with newsflow relatively light overnight
- AUD was a key focus for FX markets after the RBA kept rates unchanged as expected and struck a neutral tone in their statement
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Trade Balance, API Inventories and a US 3yr Auction
06 Mar 2017, 06:53
- Asian equities pared some of their opening losses that were triggered by China lowering their GDP target and North Korean led geopolitical tensions
- FX price action was relatively light with USD nursing some losses against counterparts, although still remained subdued from last Friday’s Yellen comments
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Factory Orders, Durable Goods and Fed’s Kashkari (not set so speak...
03 Mar 2017, 06:53
- Asian equities finished the week mostly lower after the recent Wall St. rally paused for breath yesterday
- USD pared some gains but ultimately remained firmer with the USD-index above 102.00
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK and US services PMI, Fed’s Evans, Powell, Yellen and Fischer
02 Mar 2017, 06:56
- Asian bourses traded higher after yet another record day for Wall St. as financials continue to remain supported by the prospects of a Fed March hike
- USD was once again bolstered by central bank comments with Fed’s Brainard adding to the recent hawkish rhetoric
- Looking ahead, highlights include EU CPI, U.S Initial Jobless Claims, Canadian GDP, Fed's Powell and ECB'S...
01 Mar 2017, 07:06
- US President Trump revealed some of the details of his upcoming plans, although left markets slightly disappointed over the lack of specifics
- Asian equities traded mostly higher amid upbeat data, while USD was firmer amid hawkish Fed rhetoric
- Highlights include the German jobs report, UK mfg PMI, German CPI, US Personal Income, BoC rate decision, construction...