31 Jul 2017, 06:55
30 Jul 2017, 20:58
30 Jul 2017, 19:41
- While rates were kept unchanged, and the FOMC hinted that balance sheet normalisation could begin ‘relatively’ soon, it was the central bank’s tweak to its views on inflation which were seen as dovish, dragging the probability of another Fed hike in 2017 to just over 50% from around 61% before the Fed’s update.
- Previously, the Fed had...
28 Jul 2017, 06:56
27 Jul 2017, 06:55
26 Jul 2017, 06:57
25 Jul 2017, 06:55
24 Jul 2017, 06:45
21 Jul 2017, 06:59
20 Jul 2017, 06:55
19 Jul 2017, 17:10
- All rates and the current pace of asset purchases are expected to be left unchanged.
- There is a slight chance the ECB may adjust guidance on asset purchases following recent source reports.
- Draghi may reiterate his most recent comments made at the Sintra Forum in his press conference.
19 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities traded with marginal gains overnight in what was a fairly quiet session
- Slight profit taking observed in EUR while USD/JPY consolidates above 112.00
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Building Permits, Housing Starts and DoE Crude Report
18 Jul 2017, 06:55
- USD-index and Asian equities drop amid fading hopes of US reforms.
- Soft NZ CPI pushes back rate hike expectations for the RBNZ
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK CPI, German ZEW survey and API Crude...
17 Jul 2017, 07:01
- Asian equities higher following the record closes in the US with exception of China amid a 5% drop in the ChiNext.
- USD continued to hover around 10-month lows after Friday’s soft US data.
- Looking ahead highlights include Eurozone CPI (final readings).
17 Jul 2017, 02:30
14 Jul 2017, 17:20
14 Jul 2017, 06:52
- Asian equities traded with little in the way of firm direction as markets await a slew of tier 1 US data releases later in the session
- FX markets also traded in a tentative manner with outflows from safe-haven JPY leading to further upside in USD/JPY
- Looking ahead, highlights include US CPI, retail sales, industrial output, Uni. Of Michigan and Fed’s...
13 Jul 2017, 06:53
- Asian equities traded mostly higher after a firm Wall St close which saw the DJIA post record highs with Chinese data supporting domestic bourses
- BoE’s McCafferty said that BoE should consider unwinding its QE programme earlier than planned
- Looking ahead, highlights include IEA oil market...
12 Jul 2017, 06:54
- Asian equities traded mixed following a similar lead from Wall Street with political tension mounting amid the Trump Jr email revelations
- In FX, mild USD pressure in Asia saw USD/JPY slip with much of this stemming from yesterday’s slip in US yields
- Looking ahead, highlights include the UK jobs report, OPEC monthly report, BoC...
11 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities traded with little in the way of firm direction with newsflow once again on the light side overnight
- FX markets saw USD/JPY continue its ascent, reaching 4-month highs while NZD underperformed
- Looking ahead, highlights include US JOLTS, APIs, BoE’s Haldane, Broadbent, ECB’s Coeure, Constancio, Fed’s Brainard and Kashkari ...
10 Jul 2017, 07:00
10 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities have kicked the week off mostly higher with the Nikkei 225 lifted by a softer JPY. Chinese CPI prints in-line
- UK Press attention has been placed on reports suggesting that PM May will seek opposition support in pushing tspanough Brexit legislation
- Looking ahead, highlights include Fed’s Williams
09 Jul 2017, 16:13
07 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities traded lower overnight amid spill-over selling from global counterparts. BoJ took action on rising Japanese yields
- USD-index was contained below 96.00. Precious metals pressured by a flash crash in silver (said to be caused by a fat finger)
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK mfg and industrial production, US and Canadian jobs, ECB’s...
06 Jul 2017, 17:53