27 Jul 2017, 06:55
26 Jul 2017, 06:57
25 Jul 2017, 06:55
24 Jul 2017, 06:45
21 Jul 2017, 06:59
20 Jul 2017, 06:55
19 Jul 2017, 17:10
- All rates and the current pace of asset purchases are expected to be left unchanged.
- There is a slight chance the ECB may adjust guidance on asset purchases following recent source reports.
- Draghi may reiterate his most recent comments made at the Sintra Forum in his press conference.
19 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities traded with marginal gains overnight in what was a fairly quiet session
- Slight profit taking observed in EUR while USD/JPY consolidates above 112.00
- Looking ahead, highlights include US Building Permits, Housing Starts and DoE Crude Report
18 Jul 2017, 06:55
- USD-index and Asian equities drop amid fading hopes of US reforms.
- Soft NZ CPI pushes back rate hike expectations for the RBNZ
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK CPI, German ZEW survey and API Crude...
17 Jul 2017, 07:01
- Asian equities higher following the record closes in the US with exception of China amid a 5% drop in the ChiNext.
- USD continued to hover around 10-month lows after Friday’s soft US data.
- Looking ahead highlights include Eurozone CPI (final readings).
17 Jul 2017, 02:30
14 Jul 2017, 17:20
14 Jul 2017, 06:52
- Asian equities traded with little in the way of firm direction as markets await a slew of tier 1 US data releases later in the session
- FX markets also traded in a tentative manner with outflows from safe-haven JPY leading to further upside in USD/JPY
- Looking ahead, highlights include US CPI, retail sales, industrial output, Uni. Of Michigan and Fed’s...
13 Jul 2017, 06:53
- Asian equities traded mostly higher after a firm Wall St close which saw the DJIA post record highs with Chinese data supporting domestic bourses
- BoE’s McCafferty said that BoE should consider unwinding its QE programme earlier than planned
- Looking ahead, highlights include IEA oil market...
12 Jul 2017, 06:54
- Asian equities traded mixed following a similar lead from Wall Street with political tension mounting amid the Trump Jr email revelations
- In FX, mild USD pressure in Asia saw USD/JPY slip with much of this stemming from yesterday’s slip in US yields
- Looking ahead, highlights include the UK jobs report, OPEC monthly report, BoC...
11 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities traded with little in the way of firm direction with newsflow once again on the light side overnight
- FX markets saw USD/JPY continue its ascent, reaching 4-month highs while NZD underperformed
- Looking ahead, highlights include US JOLTS, APIs, BoE’s Haldane, Broadbent, ECB’s Coeure, Constancio, Fed’s Brainard and Kashkari ...
10 Jul 2017, 07:00
10 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities have kicked the week off mostly higher with the Nikkei 225 lifted by a softer JPY. Chinese CPI prints in-line
- UK Press attention has been placed on reports suggesting that PM May will seek opposition support in pushing tspanough Brexit legislation
- Looking ahead, highlights include Fed’s Williams
09 Jul 2017, 16:13
07 Jul 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities traded lower overnight amid spill-over selling from global counterparts. BoJ took action on rising Japanese yields
- USD-index was contained below 96.00. Precious metals pressured by a flash crash in silver (said to be caused by a fat finger)
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK mfg and industrial production, US and Canadian jobs, ECB’s...
06 Jul 2017, 17:53
06 Jul 2017, 06:54
- FOMC minutes drew little in the way of a market reaction with policymakers divided on when to implement balance sheet reductions
- Asian equities trimmed opening gains in what was a light session overnight with FX markets relatively rangebound
- Looking ahead, highlights include ECB minutes and DoEs
- Most policymakers...
05 Jul 2017, 07:01
- Geopolitical tensions mount amid further missile testing from North Korea. North Korea aims to create an ICBM capable of hitting the US this year
- Asian equities pared initial Korea-inspired losses. JPY strengthened on early safe-haven flows, pushing USD/JPY briefly below 113.00
- Looking ahead, highlights include Eurozone and UK service PMIs and FOMC...
04 Jul 2017, 06:54
- RBA maintained its cash rate target at 1.5%, however defies hopes of a more upbeat outlook.
- Hong Kong stocks underperforms while North Korea yet again conducts another missile launch.
- Looking ahead, highlights include Riksbank rate decision, Fonterra dairy auction.
03 Jul 2017, 17:52