20 Oct 2017, 06:55
19 Oct 2017, 07:08
- Chinese GDP slows for Q3, while solid Australian jobs data briefly supports AUD.
- NZD underperforms following decision by New Zealand First Party Leader Peters who chooses to back The Labour Party.
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK Retail Sales, US Weekly Claims and Philly Fed Index.
18 Oct 2017, 06:58
- Asian equity markets modestly higher following the positive close on Wall Street in which the DJIA touched 23,000 for the first time
- CAD and MXN notably firmer after NAFTA ministers agreed to extend negotiations into 2018.
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK Jobs report, US Housing Starts and comments from ECB’s Draghi, Praet and Coeure.
17 Oct 2017, 06:56
- Another record close in the US spurs buying in Asian equities
- NZD initially lifted by firmer CPI, however political concerns capped gains
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK CPI, German ZEW
16 Oct 2017, 07:04
- Asian equity markets begin the week in the green with the region bolstered by Chinese data
- Risk on tone sees outflows in JPY
- Looking ahead, highlights include US NY Fed Manufacturing.
13 Oct 2017, 06:57
- Asian equities traded broadly higher. Upside was capped following the latest mixed Chinese trade figures
- USD mildly weakened across the board as DXY gave up the 93.00 level ahead of a slew of tier 1 US data
- Looking ahead, highlights include US CPI, retail sales, business inventories, Uni. of Michigan and a slew of central bank speakers
12 Oct 2017, 06:58
- FOMC’s minutes stated that many policymakers felt another rate increase was likely warranted in 2017 despite debate on causes of low inflation
- Asian equities traded mostly higher following further record US closes. USD broadly weaker against its majors post-FOMC
- Looking ahead, highlights include weekly jobs data, US PPI, DoEs and a slew of central bank speakers
11 Oct 2017, 06:54
- Catalan President Puigdemont announced that he had received the mandate to pursue independence from Spain but said it would not be implemented for a few weeks
- Asian equities traded broadly higher following a positive Wall St close. USD nursed losses against majors overnight
- Looking ahead, highlights include US JOLTS, FOMC minutes, Fed’s Evans, Williams and ECB’s...
10 Oct 2017, 06:56
- The Greenback weakened overnight amid gains across its major counterparts and EM currencies, with AUD and NZD mildly supported
- Asian equities put in a mixed performance overnight with the KOSPI the outperformer in a catch-up play
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK production numbers, Fed’s Kashkari and Kaplan
09 Oct 2017, 20:15
09 Oct 2017, 06:56
- UK politics continues to dominate with reports of preparations for a potential Brexit no-deal and further Tory in-fighting
- Asian equities traded mostly higher with China returning to market for the first time in over a week. Japanese participants away from market
- Looking ahead, highlights include ECB’s Mersch and Lautenschlaeger
06 Oct 2017, 06:56
- Asian equities traded mostly higher amid yet another strong close on Wall St. with markets now eyeing today’s NFP release
- In FX markets, the greenback extended on yesterday’s gains and the DXY posted its highest level in 7-weeks
- Looking ahead, highlights include US and Canadian jobs reports, BoE’s Haldane, Fed’s Bostic, Dudley and Kaplan
05 Oct 2017, 06:54
- Asia-Pac trade was relatively contained amid ongoing holiday-thinned conditions and ahead of tomorrow’s NFP release
- As was also the case in FX markets with the main focus being AUD which was pressured following softer domestic retail sales numbers
- Looking ahead, highlights include ECB Minutes, US Trade Balance, Weekly Jobs, Factory orders and a slew of central bank...
04 Oct 2017, 06:55
- Asian equities traded broadly higher after a positive lead from the US where Sept car sales data helped push indices to record highs
- In FX, the USD softened after Trump aides released a short list of Fed Chair nominees which included current Chair Yellen
- Looking ahead, highlights include Eurozone, UK and US service PMIs, ADP, ISM Non-Mfg, ECB’s Draghi and Fed’s...
03 Oct 2017, 06:45
- In FX, the USD remained firm against its major counterparts. RBA kept rates unchanged as expected and highlighted the firmer currency
- Asian equities traded mostly higher with the Hang Seng outperforming in a catch-up play from yesterday’s holiday
- Looking ahead, highlights include UK construction PMI, US vehicle sales and APIs
02 Oct 2017, 06:57
- Asian equities traded broadly higher with many bourses closed for domestic holiday’s
- EUR/USD faced selling pressure following public unrest and clashes during the Catalonian referendum
- Looking ahead, highlights include Eurozone PMIs, US ISM Manufacturing, ECB’s Praet and Fed’s Kaplan
29 Sep 2017, 14:39
29 Sep 2017, 06:56
28 Sep 2017, 06:55
27 Sep 2017, 06:56
26 Sep 2017, 06:56
25 Sep 2017, 06:58
22 Sep 2017, 10:16
22 Sep 2017, 07:11
21 Sep 2017, 17:47