- European equities are subdued this morning in-spite of a firmer open on a strong Asia-Pac lead
- Fed's Evans (Voter, Dove) says after the rate cuts, the Fed should leave policy on hold for some time, says there is a limit to what Monetary Policy can achieve
- In Hong Kong a protestor has reportedly been shot in the chest as the situation continues to escalate
- PM Johnson says we are going to make a very good offer but are not going to produce the proposals now that will be made in Brussels
NOTE: This analysis was sent to RANsquawk clients last Friday. Sign up for a free trial by following this link.
- MON: UK Mortgage Lending and Approvals, Dallas Fed Manufacturing Index
- TUE: Japanese Unemployment and Industrial Production, Australian Building Approvals, German Import Price Index and GFK Consumer Climate, Eurozone Consumer Confidence (F),...
- FOMC stood pat on rates, dot plot showed median forecast is for no change in rates in 2019 although nearly half expected lower rates
- Fed stated it will closely monitor developments and removed its pledge to be “patient”.
- BoJ kept monetary policy settings unchanged as expected
- Boris Johnson maintained the lead in the third Conservative leadership vote, Rory Stewart eliminated
- Looking ahead, highlights include BoE and...
- US President Trump increased tariffs from 10% to 25% on USD200bln of Chinese goods; however, he did comment that a trade deal is possible this week
- Major European Indices [Euro Stoxx 50 +0.8%] are firmer following the choppy overnight action as sentiment turned risk-on as market’s remain hopeful that a deal can be secured
- Looking ahead, highlights include US CPI, Canadian Building Permits & Jobs Report, Fed's Brainard, Bostic & Williams, ECB's...
- Sunday: Spanish Election.
- Monday: EZ consumer confidence; US PCE/personal spending.
- Tuesday: German unemployment; EZ flash Q1 GDP, regional EZ CPIs; Canada GDP; US consumer confidence, pending home sales, Chicago PMI; NZ employment.
- Wednesday: Europe Labour Day Holiday; UK, US mfg PMI; US ADP employment, construction spending, ISM mfg, FOMC.
- Thursday: China Caixin mfg PMI; EZ mfg PMI; UK construction PMI;...
- Mon: China Caixin Services PMI, UK GDP, Eurogroup meeting
- Tue: OPEC Monthly Report, RBNZ Interest Rate Decision, Japanese PPI
- Wed: Riksbank Interest Rate Decisions, UK CPI, EU Industrial Production, US CPI, Japanese GDP
- Thu: Brexit Meaningful Vote, Indonesian Interest Rate Decision, US PPI, Eurozone GDP & Employment, China Trade Balance
- Fri: China CPI, UK Retail Sales, Eurozone Trade Balance, NY Empire State Manufacturing Index, Uni of Michigan
- Monday: ECB Forum on Central Banking begins
- Tuesday: RBA Minutes
- Wednesday: BoJ Minutes, Brazil Rate Decision
- Thursday: BoE Rate Decision, SNB Rate Decision, Norges Bank Rate Decision, Banxico Rate Decision, Eurogroup Meeting
- Friday: Japan CPI, OPEC Meeting, EZ PMIs, Canadian CPI
On 21 June, the JMMC will meet ahead of OPEC’s 174 the Meeting on 22 June, and then a...