- MON: Eurozone M3 Money Supply, US Good Trade Balance, Dallas Fed Manufacturing Business Index.
- TUE: Tokyo CPI, German Import Price Index, US S&P Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, US Pending Home Sales.
- WED: Australian CPI, Swedish Confidence, German Labour Market Report, Regional and National CPI, Consumer Confidence (F), ADP Employment, BoC Rate Decision, FOMC Rate Decision.
- THU: Australian Building Approvals, Chinese Manufacturing...
- MON: Swedish Unemployment, EZ Industrial Production.
- TUE: RBA Minutes, Chinese Inflation, South Korean Trade, UK Labour Market, German ZEW, NY Empire State Manufacturing Index, NZ CPI.
- WED: BoK Rate Decision, UK & EZ Inflation, EZ Trade, US Retail Sales, Canadian CPI, US Business Inventories, TIC Flows.
- THU: Australian Labour Market, Swiss Trade, UK Retail Sales, US Building Permits, Housing Starts, Philly Fed, Industrial Production,...
09 Sep 2019, 09:00 by Adam Linton
- MON: Japanese GDP, Germany Trade Balance, UK Industrial & Manufacturing Production, Construction Output, Trade Balance, EZ Sentix Investor Confidence,
- TUE: Chinese & Norwegian Inflation, Norges Bank Regional Survey, UK Labour Market Report, US NFIB Small Business Optimism, Canadian Housing Starts, Building Permits, US JOLTS
- WED: Swedish CPI, US PPI, Wholesale Trade Sales, Polish Rate Announcement, OPEC Monthly Report
- THU: Swedish...
- SUN: NZ Trade
- MON: UK Bank Holiday, German IFO, US Durables, Dallas Fed Manufacturing Business Index
- TUE: German GDP (2nd), Hungarian Rate Decision, US House Price Index, S&P Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Manufacturing Index
- WED: GFK Consumer Climate, EZ M3 Money Supply, Israeli Rate Decision
- THU: NZ ANZ Business Confidence, Australian CAPEX, German Import Prices, Norwegian GDP, German...
- MON: Japanese Trade Balance, EZ CPI,
- TUE: Swiss Trade Balance, German PPI, Norwegian GDP, Canadian Manufacturing Sales, RBA Minutes
- WED: Norwegian Unemployment, South African CPI, Canadian CPI, US Existing Home Sales, FOMC Minutes
- THU: EZ & US Manufacturing, Services and Composite PMIs, Swedish Unemployment, EZ Consumer Confidence, NZ Retail Sales, ECB Minutes
- FRI: Japanese National CPI, Canadian Retail Sales, US...
12 Aug 2019, 09:30 by Adam Linton
- MON: N/A
- TUE: German CPI, UK Labour Market Report, German ZEW, US CPI.
- WED: Australian Wage Price Index, Chinese Industrial Production, Retail Sales, German GDP, Swedish CPI, UK CPI, PPI and RPI, EZ GDP.
- THU: Australian Employment Report, Norges Bank, UK Retail Sales, US Philly Fed, NY Empire State Manufacturing, Retail Sales, Industrial Production.
- FRI: OPEC Monthly Report, Eurozone Trade Balance, US Building...
- MON: Germany IP; BOI; Aus NAB confidence; China social financing.
- TUE: EIA STEO; US JOLTs.
- WED: Powell testimony; FOMC mins; BOC MPR; China CPI; UK GDP, trade data, IP.
- THU: US CPI; OPEC MOMR, Sweden CPIF.
- FRI: China trade.
24 Jun 2019, 09:00 by Adam Linton
- SUN: Istabul Election re-run
- MON: German Ifo Survey
- TUE: RBNZ Monetary Policy meeting, Hungarian Central Bank Monetary Policy meeting, US Consumer Confidence, New Home Sales, Meeting minutes
- WED: US Durable Goods
- THU: Banxico Monetary Policy meeting, US GDP Final, Core PCE (Final), EZ Sentiment
- FRI: G20, Japanese CPI and Unemployment, UK GDP, US Consumption and Uni. Of...
- WEEKEND: G20 finmin/cbank heads meet.
- MON: US to impose tariffs on Mexico; UK Tory leadership campaign starts; Japan GDP; UK GDP, Manufacturing; Canada housing.
- TUE: EIA STEO, UK jobs report
- WED: China CPI, US CPI, CBRT.
- THU: OPEC MOMR.
- FRI: IEA oil report, CBR.
G20 FINMIN/CBANKS HEAD MEETING (WEEKEND):
Ahead of the leaders’ summit on 28-29 June, G20 finance ministers and central bank officials will meet on the weekend at Fukuoka in...
- MON: Swiss CPI, Turkish CPI, EZ, US/UK mfg PMI, US ISM mfg, construction spending, NZ trade
- TUE: RBA, UK cons PMI, EZ CPI & unemployment, US factory orders, Aus GDP
- WED: EZ, UK & US services PMI, EZ PPI, retail sales, US ADP, ISM non-mfg, NBP, Aus Trade
- THU: German factory orders, RBI & ECB, EZ employment & GDP (F), US trade, unit labor costs, nonfarm productivity, Canadian trade
- FRI: Swiss unemployment, German & French trade, German IP, US & Canadian labor market...
- MON: UK and US Market Holiday.
- TUE: Hungary rate decision.
- WED: BOC rate decision, German Jobs Report, Richmond Fed.
- THU: Aussie Building Approvals, CAPEX; NZ Budget; US GDP, Pending Home Sales.
- FRI: Japanese jobs data, Tokyo CPI, industrial output; BOK rate decision; German retail sales, CPI; US personal spending, core PCE, Michigan; Canadian GDP
20 May 2019, 09:00 by Adam Linton
- SUN: JMMC meeting
- MON: Japan GDP
- TUE: RBA mins, US/Japan trade talks
- WED: FOMC mins, Japan trade balance, UK CPI
- THU: ECB mins, SARB, EZ flash PMI, German Ifo
- FRI: Japan CPI, US durable goods, UK retail sales, Trump to visit Japan
- SUN: European Parliamentary Election Results
- MON: Norway GDP.
- TUE: OPEC MOMR, Swedish CPIF, Germany ZEW Survey, China IP, UK jobs data, BCB mins.
- WED: US retail sales, IEA Oil Market Report, EZ GDP (2nd reading), Germany Prelim GDP, Canadian CPI, US IP.
- THU: Banxico, Aus jobs data, Indonesian rate decision, Eurogroup meeting.
- FRI: EZ CPI (Final), US auto tariff decision.
- Mon: Easter.
- Tue: Flash PMIs, EZ flash consumer confidence.
- Wed: BOC rate decision, ECB bulletin.
- Thu: BoJ rate decision, Riksbank & CBRT rate decisions, US durable goods.
- Fri: Japanese labour data & retail sales, US advance GDP, Final Michigan confidence.
- Sun: Spanish General Election.
- Monday: US Factory Orders
- Tuesday: EU General Affairs Council, EIA STEO
- Wednesday: FOMC Minutes, ECB, OPEC MOMR, UK GDP, US CPI, Trump to meet South Korea President Moon, EU Brexit Summit
- Thursday: IEA Oil Market Report, Indian Elections Start, US PPI
- Friday: Revised Brexit date (TBC), Eurozone Industrial Production, Uni of Mich (prelim)
25 Mar 2019, 05:45 by Adam Linton
- Monday: US New Home Sales, Apple Event.
- Tuesday: US Durable Goods, Case Shiller, Consumer Confidence.
- Wednesday: RBNZ.
- Thursday: SARB, US GDP (final), Eurozone final Consumer Confidence, US Pending Home Sales, Banxico, Japan Labour market & Retail Sales.
- Friday: UK was scheduled to withdraw from EU; UK GDP; US PCE; Canada GDP; Uni of Michigan (final).
- Monday: Eurogroup meeting
- Tuesday: Brexit Meaningful Vote (TBC), ECOFIN meeting, UK GDP, US CPI
- Wednesday: Eurozone Industrial Production, US PPI
- Thursday: BoJ Rate Decision, US Retail Sales
- Friday: Eurozone CPI (final), NY Fed Mfg, Uni of Michigan (Prelim), US JOLTS (Jan), US Industrial Production
22 Feb 2019, 19:15 by Adam Linton
Monday: US Wholesale Inventories
Tuesday: US Housing Starts, Consumer Confidence, New Home Sales, Richmond Fed, Powell Senate testimony, Fed Discount Minutes, NZ Trade
Wednesday: Brexit vote, US Durables, US Factory Orders, Pending Home Sales, Powell House testimony, Canadian CPI, BoK Rate Decision
Thursday: US GDP, Chicago PMI, Swedish GDP, German CPI
Friday: US PCE, ISM Mfg PMI, Construction Spending, Auto Sales , German Employment, Eurozone PMI (F), Canadian GDP
- Tuesday: UK Labour Market Report, RBA Minutes, German ZEW Survey, Japan Trade Balance
- Wednesday: FOMC Minutes, US Housing Starts, US Building Permits, Eurozone Consumer Confidence (Flash)
- Thursday: ECB Mins, Aussie Labour Report, Philly Fed, US Existing Home Sales, US & Eurozone Markit Flash PMIs, Japan CPI
- Friday: Eurozone CPI (Final), Riksbank Minutes
01 Feb 2019, 15:25 by Adam Linton
- Monday: Turkish CPI, UK Construction PMI, Eurozone PPI, US Factory Orders
- Tuesday: Australian Trade, RBA Rate Decision, Eurozone (F), UK and US Services PMIs, Eurozone Retail Sales, Canadian Trade, US ISM Non-Manufacturing,
- Wednesday: US Trade, Australian Jobs Report
- Thursday: BoE Rate Decision, Minutes & QIR, RBI & Banxico Rate Decision,
- Friday: German Trade, Norwegian GDP, Canadian Jobs
Mon: Germany Gfk Consumer Confidence, China GDP & Retail Sales
Tue: UK Labour Report, US Existing Home Sales, NZ CPI, Hungary rate decision, US Existing Home Sales, Japan Trade Balance
Wed: BoJ, Canadian Retail Sales, Australia PMIs, Eurozone Consumer Confidence
Thu: ECB, Norges Bank, Australia Labour Report, Eurozone & US PMIs, Japan CPI
Fri: US Durable Goods, New Home Sales
Week In Focus; week commencing 8 October 2018
Sunday: Brazilian Election
Monday: Chinese Caixin Services PMI, Eurozone Sentiment Index
Tuesday: Japanese Current Account
Wednesday: Australian GDP, US PPI, UK Monthly GDP, Production & Trade Balance
Thursday: US CPI, Japanese PPI, ECB Minutes
Friday: Eurozone Industrial Production, Chinese Trade Balance, Pastor Brunson court decision, US Banks kick off US earnings season
14 Sep 2018, 17:40 by Adam Linton
Monday: Eurozone CPI
Wednesday: BoJ Interest Rate Decision, UK CPI, New Zealand GDP
Thursday: SNB Interest Rate Decision, Norges Bank Interest Rate Decision, EU leaders expected to discuss Brexit
Friday: Japan CPI, Eurozone Markit Manufacturing, Services and Composite PMIs (Flash), Canada CPI
Sunday: JMMC meeting in...
PREVIEW: Bank of England Monetary Policy Decision, Minutes and Quarterly Inflation Report at 12:00BST (07:00ET), Press Conference with Governor Carney at 12:30BST (07:30ET)
01 Aug 2018, 13:43 by Adam Linton
- Bank of England expected to lift its base rate by 25bps from 0.50% to 0.75%; vote split expected to be 7-2
- Recent UK data points and MPC rhetoric has lead to markets pricing in a circa 80-90% chance of a hike
- Little in the way of material changes are expected for inflation and growth forecasts with the economy having developed largely in-fitting with the MPC’s expectations
After what has been a complex year thus far for the Old Lady,...
ECB Monetary Policy Decision Due At 12:45 BST, 13:45 CET, 07:45 EDT, On Thursday 26th July 2018, Press Conference Due At 13:30 BST, 14:30 CET, 08:30 EDT
25 Jul 2018, 13:24 by Adam Linton
- Unanimous expectations look for the ECB to leave its three key rates unchanged
- Not much in the way of fireworks expected given last month’s policy adjustments
- Draghi likely to be mindful of trade tensions and grilled on timing of rate lift-off
PREVIOUS MEETING: Last time around, the ECB announced a reduction in monthly sovereign bond purchases to EUR 15bln/month, through the end of 2018 when it will end (current EUR 30bln/month...