News Headline Summary
US House speaker Boehner says Obama's actions have not matched statements; no substantive progress made in talks
- Democrats comfortable going over the fiscal cliff.
- He remains hopeful on further talks.
- Democrats ruling out sensible spending cuts.
- Declines to specify hard lines on size of cuts.
- Will do everything he can to avoid fiscal cliff.
Reaction details (16:50)
In reaction to these latest comments:
- USD-Index moved from 80.189 to 80.318 following these downbeat comments over two minutes.
- e-mini S&P fell from 1415.25 to 1407.75 over two minutes.
- T-notes rose from 133.30 to 134.00+ over the same period.
29 Nov 2012 - 16:40
Subscribe Now to
Click here for a 1 week free trial
provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts