News Headline Summary
**UPDATE: The Federal Aviation Authority have confirmed that a US Airways (LCC) flight was investigated at Boston Logan Airport, with the latest chatter suggesting the FAA have imposed a ground stop at the airstrip...
- Market Chatter began to circulate that the central terminal at NY's LaGuardia Airport had been evacuated due to a suspicious package. This chatter elevated into the reports stating planes had withdrawn from the terminal and building itself.
- At Boston Logan Airport, live footage shows the US Airways flight being unloaded of baggage and passengers.
- Latest images posted on Twitter show the central terminal at NY's LaGuardia being evacuated.
- This follows the installation of travel restrictions and airspace above Boston after yesterday's Boston Marathon bombings, with the Boston authorities claiming police presence and security restrictions would be raised.
- The market talk and consequent reports have prompted no immediate reaction across the global asset classes, however T-notes have ticked higher throughout the duration of the reports; trading down just 2+ ticks at 132.31+ last.
15:05, 16 Apr 2013 -
14:04, 05 Apr 2013
Tremors near the North Korea and China border are natural quake and not caused by North Korean nuclear test according to South Korean defence ministry spokesman
13:18, 05 Apr 2013
Magnitude 6.2 earthquake 86 miles from Chongjin, North Korea, reported by USGS
17:52, 06 Mar 2013
Magnitude 5.0 quake hits 38 miles South of Jumla, Nepal, according to USGS
09:33, 06 Mar 2013
USGS reports 5.3 quake 70 miles of Ile Hunter, New Caledonia
10:04, 11 Feb 2013
Magnitude 5.7 earthquake hits 310 miles North-North West of Santo according to USGS
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2130 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Intra-day market update videos
Daily technical analysis