- UK CPI (Dec) M/M % -0.5vs. Exp. -0.5% (Prev. 0.5%)
- UK CPI Core (Dec) Y/Y 2.3% vs. Exp. 2.4% (Prev. 2.4%)
- ONS says the biggest upward contribution to CPI was from alcohol and tobacco.
- No immediate reaction in Mar'13 Gilts or Short Sterling.
- GBP/USD moved 12 pips higher going from 1.5588 to 1.5600 in reaction to the higher PPI Input figure, indicating inflation will remain stubbornly high in the long term.
Print 09:30, 12 Feb 2013 - UK Data - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: