News Headline Summary
UK Claimant Count Rate (Oct) M/M 4.8% vs. Exp. 4.8% (Prev. 4.8%)
- UK Unemployment Rate (Sep) 3M 7.8% vs. Exp. 7.9% (Prev. 7.9%)
- UK Employment Change (Sep) 3M/3M 100K vs. Exp. 135K (Prev. 212K)
Reaction details (09:34)
In reaction to the news:
- GBP/USD moved lower from 1.5894 to 1.5885 but quickly pared the move lower back to pre-announced levels.
- Gilts were unreactive to the data.
Analysis details (09:36)
- Claimant count shows largest monthly rise since September 2011.
- ILO 3-month unemployment rate lowest since February-April 2011.
- In London, jobless claims rose by 2,900.
14 Nov 2012 - 09:30
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts