News Headline Summary
The LDP's leader Abe says must defeat deflation and correct strong JPY for economy
- Special diet session may be called December 26th.
- Vows to protect Japan's territory and waters.
- No room for negotiations with China over Senkaku island.
- Will reinstate government council on economic council on economic and fiscal policy, which will sprearhead economic policy and be forum of talks with BoJ government.
- Plans a large scale supplementary budget.
- No immediate reaction seen in USD/JPY, trades 84.13 (+60 pips) last.
05:04, 17 Dec 2012 -
05:00, 18 Dec 2012
ASX 200 preliminary close up 0.62% at 4,601.70
04:58, 18 Dec 2012
China said to set economic growth target at 7.5% for 2013 and inflation target at 3.5% for 2013
04:19, 18 Dec 2012
Bank of Japan's governor Shirakawa says he didn't discuss monetary policy with Abe
04:08, 18 Dec 2012
Japanese press Jiji reported that new PM abe is to name Suga as chief cabinet secretary
03:46, 18 Dec 2012
Japan sells JPY 1.1012trl in 20yr Bonds, bid/cover 3.11, prev. 3.67, average price JPY 99.44 (yield 1.7370%, Prev. 1.6830%)
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2130 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Intra-day market update videos
Daily technical analysis