News Headline Summary
Swiss National Bank's Jordan says he sees no recession in Switzerland
- Sees 1% GDP growth in 2012.
- Sees very low growth in the coming quarters.
- CHF cap is not there to fine tune economy.
- CHF cap prevented the threat of an economic downturn.
- CHF cap is absolutely necessary.
- Still much to be down on too-big-to-fall.
- Banks 'made great progress' on capital adequacy.
- 1.20 cap is not instrument to navigate Swiss economy, but doesn't rule out more measures if needed.
Reaction details (05:20)
- No reaction seen in EUR/CHF which trades 1.2046 (3 pips) last.
22 Nov 2012 - 05:14
Subscribe Now to
Click here for a 1 week free trial
provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts