- Jan. 11 rate decision to hold rates was not unanimous.
- Sees 2013 inflation at 2.5% and 2014 inflation at 2.8%
- Sees 2014 GDP at 3.8%.
- Forex level isn't a consideration in rate decision.
- They are closely monitoring rapid movement in the forex market.
- Smoothing operation in times of volatile fx moves is a responsibility.
Reaction details (02:32)
- No immediate reaction seen in either KOSPI or USD/KRW.
11 Jan 2013 - 02:24 - Forex - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: