News Headline Summary
Sharp (6753 JT) and Japan Display cut iPhone 5 panel production, according to Nikkei
- Global sales have been less than expected.
- Apple's original plan to order 65mln units this quarter cut by about half.
- Japan Display temporarily cutting output at Nomi plant by 70-80% from October-December.
- Sharp cutting January-February output at Kameyama plant by approximately 40% from October-December level.
- iPhone related orders cut by half.
13 Jan 2013 - 21:07
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2130 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Intra-day market update videos
Daily technical analysis