News Headline Summary
S&P says ratings on Japan affirmed at 'AA-/A-1+'; outlook negative
- Japan's financial system appears sound.
- BoJ's ability to change inflation expectations uncertain.
- Expects Japan's fiscal position to remain weak.
- Sees Japan's deficits to stay at about 10% of GDP in FY13.
- Expect Japan's fiscal position to remain weak even after sales tax hikes.
- Could lower Japan's rating if real funding costs increased.
18 Feb 2013 - 04:19
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts