- NZ's low productivity main reason for weak real capita GDP levels.
- NZ needs to return to fiscal surpluses and reduce public deficit.
- RBNZ to start consultation on macro-prudential tools in March.
- Priority to ensure prudential supervision and financial stability.
- RBNZ's best contribution to economy is price stability and reduce the risk of inflation surprises.
Reaction details (00:07)
- In the 5 mins after these comments, NZD/USD moved higher by 30 pips from .8392 to .8422, trades 84.20 (+35 pips) last
01 Feb 2013 - 00:03 - Fixed Income - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: