News Headline Summary
RBNZ governor Wheeler says appropriate for policy to be held steady, low inflation due to overvalued NZD
- High NZD undermines export profitability.
- Does not want to see financial stability or inflation risk accentuated by housing demand.
- watching house price inflation and household credit growth.
- Growth to strengthen over the coming year.
Reaction details (20:03)
- In reaction to these comments NZD/USD rose 23 pips going from 0.8319 to 0.8342
30 Jan 2013 - 20:00
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts