Nuclear power producers face much tougher safety requirements (Nikkei)
- Companies can be affected include: Tepco (9501 JT), Kansai Electric (9503 JT), Chubu Electric (9502 JT), Hokkaido Electric (9509 JT), Hokuriku Electric (9505 JT), Chugoku Electric (9504 JT), Shikoku Electric (9504 JT), Kyushu Electric (9508 JT)
Japan Airlines (9201 JT)
- JAL 787 leaks fuel in 2nd incident in two days.
Seven & I Holdings (3382 JT)
- Co. 9-month net income gains 16% to JPY 97bln and sales increase 3.6% to JPY 3.68trl.
Sharp (6753 JT)
- Co. plans smartphone panel with Qualcomm by July 24th. (Nikkei)
Sony (6758 JT)
- Co. unveils a new phone that can take high-resolution pictures and then display them instantly on a large-screen television. (Nikkei)
Nissan (7201 JT)
- Co. cut to 'Neutral' at BofA-Merrill Lynch; price target JPY 900
Panasonic (6752 JT)
- Co. CEO says Co. is more than its struggling television business and has a range of operations poised to capitalize on the shift to energy efficiency in homes and automobiles. (WSJ)
08 Jan 2013 - 23:40 - Equities - Source: Newswires/Nikkei/WSJ
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: