People's Bank of China announces start of short-term liquidity operations as additional tool for controlling liquidity.
- China found 1.4bln metric tons of new oil reserves in 2012.
Glencore (805 HK)
- Co. resumes trading today. Over the weekend, it was reported that Co. and Xstrata completion deadline for proposed merger to be extended March 15.
China unicom (762 HK)
- Co. added 3.13mln 3G subscribers in December.
HSBC (5 HK)
- Co. is to pay USD 249mln to settle botched US foreclosures.
ZTE (763 HK)
- Co. expects net loss of CNY 2.5-2.9bln in 2012.
- Co. says it may swing to profit in the first quarter.
Minsheng bank (1988 HK)
- Co. 2012 net to rise 35% to CNY 37.6bln.
Print 00:49, 21 Jan 2013 - Asian News - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: