Rio Tinto (RIO AT)
- Co. halts shipments from Mozambique mine after heavy rain. (Newswires)
Woodside Petroleum (WPL AT)
- Co. is adamant USD 1.1bln spend in Israel no bar to local projects, as the CEO denies the Co.’s key Australian projects have been overtaken by its push into frontier regions. (Newswires)
BHP Billiton (BHP AT)
- Co. says 1mln tons of new copper supply required each year to keep pace with demand. (Newswires)
- Moody’s says fall in BHP’s H1 earnings is credit negative but has no immediate impact on its A1/P-1 ratings and stable outlook. (Newswires)
IOOF (IFL AT)
- Co. received informal approach from an unidentified suitor. (Australian Financial Review)
Karoon Gas (KAR AT)
- Co. state over 10 Co.s are interested in becoming a partner to help develop its assets in Peru. (Newswires)
Stockland (SGP AT)
- Triguboff’s Meriton may consider Stockland merger. (Australian Financial Review)
ASX Ltd (ASX AT)
- H1 Net AUD 171.1mln vs. Prev. AUD 175.6mln. (Newswires)
- H1 EPS AUD 0.98 vs. Prev. AUD 1.02. (Newswires)
- Interim dividend AUD 0.88. (Newswires)
Qantas (QAN AT)
- H1 Pre-tax profit ex-items AUD 223mln vs. Exp. AUD 212mln. (Newswires)
Fairfax (FXJ AT)
- H1 Net AUD 386.3mln vs. Prev. 96.7mln. (Newswires)
- H1 EPS AUD 0.16 vs. Prev. AUD 0.4. (Newswires)
Brambles (BXB AT)
- H1 Net AUD 302mln vs. Exp. AUD 323.6mln. (Newswires)
Companies Trading Ex-dividend
- Ansell (ANN AT).
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (BEN AT).
- Cochlear (COH AT).
- Amcor (AMC AT) cut to reduce, PT AUD 8.70 at Nomura.
- Ausenco (AAX AT) cut to neutral from overweight, PT AUD 4.00 at JPMorgan.
- Monadelphous (MND AT) Group cut to sell at Deutsche Bank.
- Monadelphous (MND AT) Group cut to neutral at Macquarie.
- Asciano (AIO AT) downgraded to underperform at Macquarie.
- Sonic Healthcare (SHL AT) cut to neutral at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Arrium (ARI AT) reinstated to underperform at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Fortescue (FMG AT) cut to neutral, PT AUD 5.50 at Credit Suisse.
20 Feb 2013 - 16:34 - Equities - Source: Newswires/Australian Financial Review
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: