Rio Tinto (RIO AT)
- Co. posts Q4 output today at 0400GMT/2200CST. Harry Winston Diamond Corp. interested in buying Rio Tinto’s 60% stake in Diavik mine in Canada. (Newswires)
BHP Billiton (BHP AT)
- Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’Neill has accused BHP Billiton of a ‘colonial era mentality’ in an escalating row over control of a USD 1.4bln development fund. (Australian Financial Review)
News Corp. (NWS AT)
- Increased stake in German pay-TV company Sky Deutschland to a majority. (Newswires)
Billabong International (BBG AT)
- Altamont Capital and VF Corp. will match Naude and Sycamore takeover offer. (Newswires) Paul Naude and Sycamore Partners have competition on their hands for Billabong International after VF Corp and Altamont Capital Partners matched their USD 1.10 per share bid for the surfwear retailer. (Australian Financial Review)
- Incitec Pivot (IPL AT) cut to neutral at CIMB.
- Bradken (BKN AT) cut to neutral at Credit Suisse.
- Bank of Queensland (BOQ AT) raised to buy at BofAML.
- European mining companies cut to neutral at Barclays.
Print 22:30, 14 Jan 2013 - Asian News - Source: Newswires / Australian Financial Review
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: