BHP Billiton (BHP AT)
- Striking coal miners at Cerrejon JV in Colombia will seek further neotiations after government-brokered talks broke down, according to union leader.
Telecom (TEL AT), Telstra (TLS AT)
- Telecom, Telstra and Vodafone signed MOU to build submarine cable between Auckland and Sydney.
Asciano (AIO AT)
- H1 net income AUD 199mln vs. AUD 114.1mln year ago.
- H1 sales AUD 1.87bln vs. Exp. 1.81bln.
Arrium (ARI AT)
- Co.’s H1 loss 33.21 Australia cents per share vs. loss 5.5 Australia cents per share.
Southern Cross Media (SXL AT)
- H1 EPS 6.4 Australia vs. 13.3 Australia cents year ago.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCL AT)
- Co. FY net AUD 459.9mln, down 22.3%.
Premarket broker moves
- Macquarie Atlas (MQG AT) cut to hold at Deutsche Bank.
- Pacific Brands (PBG AT) cut to reduce at Nomura.
- GPT (GPT AT)cut to underperform at Credit Suisse.
- Iluka Resources (ILU AT) raised to sector perform at RBC Capital.
- Boart Longyear (BLY AT) cut to sell, PT AUD 1.60 at UBS.
Companies are trading ex-dividend today:
- Boral (BLD AT)
- Domino’s Pizza (DMP AT)
- Wesfarmers (WES AT)
- SAI Global (SAI AT)
18 Feb 2013 - 22:27 - - Source: Newswires/Sydney Morning Herald
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: