BHP Billiton (BHP AT) & Rio Tinto (RIO AT)
- BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto may have combined USD 35bln assets to sell, according to Deutsche.
- Government sources in the West African country said that Rio Tinto has slowed progress of its multi-billion investment in Guinea’s untapped Simandou iron ore deposit and slashed staff.
National Australia Bank (NAB AT)
- Co. plans to shut UK advice unit, cut 130 jobs, according to Australian Financial Review.
Premarket broker moves…
- Goldman Sachs lifts ASX 200 year end target to 5300 from 5000.
- Goldman Sachs upgrades Australian steel sector to Overweight from Neutral, downgrades Australian health care to Underweight from Neutral, upgrades Australian banks to Overweight from Neutral.
- CSR (CSR AT) cut to Neutral at CIMB.
- David Jones (DJS AT) cut to Sell at Deutsche Bank.
- Warehouse Group (WHS AT) raised to Buy at Deutsche Bank.
11 Mar 2013 - 22:46 - Metals - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: