BHP Billiton (BHP AT)
- Industrial action scheduled to start Jan. 11 at its Dendrobium mine. (Newswires)
Macquarie (MQG AT)
- Bank would gain from selling or closing its underwriting and loss-making securities business, according to UBS, which upgraded its rating to buy from neutral. (Newswires)
Macmahon (MAH AT)
- Co. gets revised, two-part proposal to acquire either a portion or all of its construction business from Sembawang Engineers and Constructors. Sembawang Australia says it plans revised counter-proposal of AUD 38mln. Macmahon previously said in Dec. 24 it would sell majority of construction projects and associated plant in Leighton for AUD 20mln. (Newswires)
Sundance Resources (SDL AT)
- Sichuan Hanlong Group is in talks with Wuhan Iron & Steel to help develop iron ore projects in West Africa owned by Sundance. (Newswires)
Stockland (SGP AT)
- Co. enters conditional contract to sell Sydney CBD property to Centuria Property Funds for AUD 56mln. (Newswires)
Woodside Petroleum (WPL AT)
- Tropical cyclone Narelle, which is forecast to strengthen to a category 4 storm, where Woodside operates North West Shelf gas project. (Newswires)
Pre-market Broker Moves
- Ramsay Health Care cut to ‘negative’ at Evans & Partners.
- Mirabela Nickel cut to ‘neutral’ at Credit Suisse.
- Western Areas NL cut to ‘neutral’ at Credit Suisse.
- DJ Alumina Ltd upgraded to ‘outperform’ at Credit Suisse.
09 Jan 2013 - 23:37 - Equities - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: