BHP Billiton (BHP AT)
- Harry Winston says deals with BHP to proceed. (Newswires)
Rio Tinto (RIO AT)
- Mongolian President Elbegdorj said the country should have more control of Rio Tinto’s Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold project after govt. claims costs had increased. (Newswires)
Macquarie (MQG AT)
- Says subject to market conditions, the FY 2013 net profit contribution from the operating groups is expected to be materially up on FY 2012.
News Corp (NWS AT)
- Co.’s UK publishing unit will end its program to settle phone-hacking claims out of court. (Newswires)
Qantas (QAN AT)
- British Airways moves to end code share with Qantas. (Australian Financial Review)
- Co. cuts routes for Emirates union, ditching some flights to Asian destinations from Perth and Adelaide but increasing services from East Coast cities. (SMH)
- Discovery Metals (DML AT) cut to underperform at RBC Capital.
- Silver Lake Resources (SLR AT) rated new buy at Deutsche Bank.
- Wotif (WTF AT) cut to neutral at Credit Suisse.
- Energy Resources (ERA AT) raised to outperform at Credit Suisse.
- Virgin Australia (VAH AT) raised to neutral at Macquarie.
- AWE (AWE AT) raised to buy at Goldman Sachs.
Print 22:41, 04 Feb 2013 - Asian News - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: