News Headline Summary
Portugal sells EUR 2.5bln of October 2017 bonds, demand at EUR 12bln according to a government source
- Sells 5yr bond at 4.891% according to an official.
- Treasury secretary Albuquerque says country still faces challenges; return to bond market a process.
- Albuquerque says will continue to look for bond market opportunities.
- Albuquerque says country wants to reconstruct entire yield curve.
- This is Portugal re entering capital markets similar to Ireland and Spain earlier this week. Demand is good for this issuance after the country was forced to ask for an EU bailout 2 years ago, following in the footsteps of Spain's syndicated bond.
18:21, 23 Jan 2013 -
16:53, 24 Jan 2013
BRFkredit prices EUR 500mln 2.5% 2018 bond at 99.467, swaps +162bps
16:26, 24 Jan 2013
Eurodollar options update: Mar-17 80 puts, buyer of 12.5k at 6.0 to 6.5
16:02, 24 Jan 2013
NY Fed buys USD 3.357bln in the maturity range of Feb'20 - Nov'22, submitted/accepted ratio 4.21 vs. Prev. 4.17
16:00, 24 Jan 2013
US 2-, 5-, and 7-year Note Refunding Announcement:
15:28, 24 Jan 2013
Eurodollar option update: Green Sep, 85/90 put spreads, seller of 5K at 7.5
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2130 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Intra-day market update videos
Daily technical analysis