- Japan needs credible medium term to cut deficit.
- Excessive fiscal consolidation should be avoided.
- ECB seen cutting refi by 25bps in December, Fed and BoJ on hold.
- Says ECB should cut rates as deflationary pressures grow.
- ECB could issue forward guidance on interest rates.
- Euro area banks need EUR 400bln in fresh capital.
- Calls for monetary easing in Europe, Japan, China and India.
- Fiscal cliff could trigger global recession.
Reaction details (18:09)
- Despite the OECD cutting their global forecast, no immediate reaction was seen across asset classes as this was largely expected.
Analysis details (18:07)
Full OECD report: http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Management/oecd/economics/oecd-economic-outlook-volume-2012-issue-2_eco_outlook-v2012-2-en
27 Nov 2012 - 18:00 - - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: