- US delaying budget action until 2013 looks increasingly likely.
- US election result gives little clarity on fiscal outlook.
- US political landscape remains highly polarized and unpredictable.
- Divided US popular vote provides fertile ground for political posturing.
Reaction details (13:44)
- No reaction observed in any asset classes but may draw some attention at the European open.
- Remember US markets will be quiet today due to the Venteran Day holiday.
Analysis details (13:42)
- The US sovereign rating will be closely watched by investors as we had into year end and the potential fiscal cliff.
- These comments may ease some investors minds but the looming uncertainty about the near-term future for the US economy will likely provide headwinds for the next couple of weeks.
12 Nov 2012 - 13:36 - - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: