General Electric (GE)
- Q4 EPS Exp. USD 0.43
- Q4 sales Exp. USD 38.44bln
- Volatility is seen low heading into the report today as investors received a corporate update from management on December 17th at the annual outlook investor meeting.
- At that meeting GE forecasted that its profit from its industrial segments will increase by double digit percentages next year, while growth slows at the GE Capital Corp. Unit.
- One point to note is that in the last 50 quarters GE has come in below the whisper number.
Morgan Stanley (MS)
- Q4 EPS Exp. USD 0.27
- Q4 sales Exp. USD 7.09bln
- Analysts expect improved investment banking activity much in the same vain as Goldman Sachs earlier this week.
- However, relative strength with the investment banking unit is expected to be offset by an unfavourable sales and trading environment with fixed income, currencies, and commodities.
NOTICE: GE and MS earnings releases at 1130GMT and 1215GMT respectively will be covered on the equity and gold channel only, although any knock-on implications on the broader market will be covered on all channels.
**A full ‘Daily Earnings Estimates’ calendar can be located in the research section of the website**
18 Jan 2013 - 11:02 - - Source: RANsquawk
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: