- GDP (Q4 P) Q/Q -0.1% vs. Exp. 0.1% (Prev. -0.9%)
- Nominal GDP (Q4 P) Q/Q -0.4% vs. Exp. 0.0% (Prev. -0.9%)
- GDP Deflator (Q4 P) Y/Y -0.6% vs. Exp. -0.6% (Prev. -0.8%)
Reaction details (23:53)
- In an immediate reaction, USD/JPY moved higher by 12 pips from 93.23 to 93.35, trades 93.34 (-4 pips) last.
Analysis details (23:55)
- The lower than expected GDP figures could raise expectations of further monetary easing from the BoJ.
- The lower GDP figure shows that Japan's economy has contracted for the third consecutive quarter.
13 Feb 2013 - 23:45 - Forex - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: